Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
Works on a broad variety of tasks in the field of ILS. Works in multifunctional teams in order to develop and deliver the ILS products, on time, within budget and within quality standards. Delivers contractual agreed ILS packages and increases customer satisfaction. Contributes to the further development of the strategic ILS (technology) roadmap.
- Delivers ILS products and services within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- ILS products include purchase support, maintenance/LSA including ARM and LCC calculations, supply support, documentation, training and transfer of technology. The specific personal task/role will be defined in the individual yearly target settings.
- Depending on the task/role, the Engineer has regular contacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer executes his task/role according to the relevant contractual documents and specifications while constantly remaining critical on the content.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing (part of) ILS proposals.
- Assists in the further improvement and development of ILS products, processes and methodologies.
- Supports and pro-actively coaches the more junior Engineers.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Ensures all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned and maintained to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills & experience
- Professional education or similar gained experience on Bachelor or Master level in the field of marine engineering or similar.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the field of ILS.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in development and execution of ILS packages within a technical and/or MoD environment.
- Alternatively a minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance in an engineering environment.
- Preferably a naval background or at least affinity with a naval environment and culture.
- Experience in working in multifunctional and multicultural teams and environments.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal). Additional languages like Spanish and German are an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel (long) distances and work abroad.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.