Services Operations is the heart of Damen Services, which delivers its services to the clients of Damen Shipyards as a total services solution provider. Damen Services provides a wide range of customer support services around the world for all aspects of the commissioning, deployment, and lifetime extension of the ships and installations that have been supplied by the company. Its primary focus is the provision of customer services in relation to commissioning, repairs, guarantee support, servicing, and maintenance. Organising training sessions for crew members, the delivery of ships, maintenance management, and the supply of parts during construction work are also part of the services portfolio. An example of Non-maritime deliverables are the supply of equipment (dredge pumps, pontoons, systems, etc.). As a total services provider and business partner of the clients of Damen Shipyards, Damen Services is also responsible for the deployment of human resources for structural and long-term projects.
Damen Services has initiated, in close cooperation with our the various Sales divisions, the set up of several Service Hubs on strategic locations worldwide. The service hubs are responsible for carrying out all warranty related- and commercial projects and support part sales, with a high focus on taking into account customer satisfaction, project costs and quality.
We are looking for a Service Hub Manager for the location Port Harcourt - Nigeria.
As a Service Hub Manager you are responsible for the entire Service Hub organization. You support and coordinate all warranty and commercial projects using (local) resources and (local) personal. You make sure that all required parts are available and you coordinate with the local customers about planning and execution of projects.
At the same time you are in close contact with the account team in Gorinchem in order to have them informed about project developments and aligning the communications towards our customers.
You will report to the Manager Service Hubs.
- Set up the Service Hub organization abroad;
- Ensuring the workforce in the short and longer term, so that the appropriate personnel is available in time to perform service and maintenance, construction supervision and commissioning;
- Responsible for all (warranty and commercial) projects which are assigned to the Hub with a focus on control on quality, time and budget;
- Conducting performance appraisal and assessment interviews with the local staff;
- Monitoring the operational implementation processes and initiate and evaluate improvements on the process level;
- Conducting consultations with the (potential) customer about the technical, functional and other specifications of possible assignments;
- Conducting (organization) surveys, drawing up quotations, monitoring agreements with customers, signaling deviations and making of additional agreements both internal and with customers.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, ship or maritime engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an (international) service organization, preferably in the maritime sector;
- Preferable experience with setting up a (Service) Hub at least experience working abroad within the maritime area;
- You are a people manager with managerial experience. A strategic thinker with excellent overview and good communication skills.
As a international company we would like to be flexible regarding the housing, location and traveling for this job. This will be coordinated with the candidate.
What we offer
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a competitive salary and benefits;
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future. Still with us and ready to apply? Apply online for the position of Service Hub Manager (Nigeria) by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you! Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Robin Verbruggen at email@example.com if you have questions or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Services does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered. Also, only uploaded applications with a resume and motivational letter via our website, will be taken into consideration.