Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst who can start on short notice on a temporary basis. The Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst is based within the Engineering department of Damen Naval from where employees are allocated to respective projects. In these projects they contribute to both the product definition and the engineering of production information, within their field of expertise. Naval ships are designed to withstand a range of weapon effects. The Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst analyses the system design proposed by the engineering departments, such as marine systems, HVAC, electrical and automation for loss or degradation of vital functions when subjected to a predefined damage extent. This vulnerability analysis results in an overall system assessment and a list of optimizations to the system design from the vulnerability aspect perspective. To that end, they work closely with ship operators such as navies, ship system designers, suppliers, knowledge institutes and especially with functional designers, system architects, system, and safety engineers, within the project organization.
As Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst (Project Based) you will:
- Perform analysis for system compliancy to requirements for residual capabilities against defined damage cases.
- Identify system vulnerabilities to defined damage cases.
- Report fitness of the system design regarding vulnerability.
- Communicate vulnerability analysis findings to different stakeholders in the project.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on vulnerability design aspects and questions.
Skills & experience
As Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Relevant technical Bachelor or Master degree.
- Experience with and knowledge of ship design and ship systems.
- Some experience in presentation techniques.
- Good command of Dutch and English both written verbal and basic of the German language.
- Strong skill in writing clear and concise reports, organized and accurate way of working.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary stakeholders within a (naval) shipbuilding project.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Ship Systems Vulnerability Analyst (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.