Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Software Developer who can start on short notice and on a temporary basis.
As Software Developer you will collaborate with architects, infra engineers, application engineers and other developers and develop application components and data interfaces. You will be part of the IT Build team, which is responsible for project implementations in complex environments. Your daily tasks are implementation planning, developing, implementing solutions and turn these over to administrators.
As Software Developer (Project Based), you will:
- Participate in ICT, Business and Security projects.
- Develop applications components, such as web API’s, micro services, and dashboards.
- continuous work on improving quality and expanding functionalities
- Work as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise.
- Continuous work on improving quality and expanding functionalities.
- Collaborate with Architects, Network/Infra Engineers, Information Managers and Application Engineers.
- Translate business requirements to technical designs.
Skills & experience
As Software Developer (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Software Development or demonstrable at same level.
- Demonstrable affinity with software development and minimum of five years work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with C# 8+, .NET 5, .NET 6, .NET CORE, SOLID Principles, Design Patterns, Docker (Kubernetes is preferred), Service Bus, AMQP, RabbitMQ, CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Delivery), Test Automation, GIT, Code Reviews, RESTFUL Web API’s, JSON, XML, Linux, and SQL.
- Knowledge of and or experience in: AutoMapper, Scrum/Agile, Grafana or Kibana, Test Driven Design, Active Directory (LASPS & ADFS)) is ideal.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Software Developer (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.