Within Damen the IT&IM department is a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services and the driver for digital transformation. The mission of IT&IM is to create business value by means of technology for Damen Shipyards Group by innovating the (digital) collaboration between colleagues, yards, ships, customers and suppliers.
The Damen Group IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 fte and provides 24-7 service to 38 business units and 7,500 users.
Within the IT&IM department, the role of the IT BUILD team is to rebuild existing (IT) solutions or build new IT solutions that meet the (future) demands of the business and to embed those solutions within the Damen business. ‘BUILD’ does not only refer to (re)development of IT solutions. In fact in most cases, standard (cloud) applications will be bought and configured. The BUILD work is performed and governed in Waterfall or Agile style.
Within this context, the Solution Architect has to make sure that key IT solutions are developed in the right direction and in the right way. As such, the Architect is a key player in the IT BUILD team.
The Solution Architect is the driving force behind the innovation and will make sure that the stack will evolve in the correct way. The Solution Architect is responsible for the (development) roadmap of the solution. Together with the team you will build on the core architecture which will be (re)used, configured for use within client specific projects. The Solution Architect will develop the standard and has great influence on the development of the digital front-end within Damen.
The architect is responsible for the translation of (future) business requirements into technical (solution) requirements. The architect should challenge and help improve business requirements based on new technological possibilities and developments. Furthermore, the architect should make sure that the solutions are embedded in the overall landscape.
As a Solution Architect, you are self-directed, passionate about data and technology and always focused on delivering the right results. You are an effective communicator capable of communicating complex insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
As Solution Architect you will report to the (Resource) Manager of the I BUILD department.
- The stack is currently being determined and your vision and experience will greatly influence the choice.
- As a solution architect front-end you will work hands-on in projects and keep the overview that everything is in line the overall architecture.
- Build and test new Proof of concepts.
- Direct the front end development.
- Translate user requirements to (interactive) designs and architecture standards
- Proactively identify, evaluate, promote and explain new technologies and developments;
- Translate (future) high level business requirements and strategic business/IT roadmaps into technical requirements and technical roadmaps.
- Maintain and share subject matter expertise/knowledge of the solution domain architecture and related functionality;
- Collaborate with the Towerleads from the RUN/ maintenance organization to ensure proper maintenance;
- Develop and maintain the technical domain roadmap and architecture, in close collaboration with key business and IT stakeholders;
- Drive and enforce the realization of the solution (domain) roadmap and architecture across the business/IT organization;
- Supervise and coach the developers/configurators in the projects in which solutions are being (re)build, to ensure that development of these solutions are in line with the roadmap and architecture;
- Collaborate with IT business partners to ensure proper alignment with current and future business requirements;
- Drives the solution domain community, consisting of representatives from Business, Solution Management, Enterprise Architects and from RUN / maintenance;
Skills & experience
- Master education / thinking level;
- 5+ years of relevant experience As senior front-end developer / architect
- Expercience with HTML, SCSS, Typescript, RXJS (reactive programming)
- Experience with best practices like TDD, CI/CD, unit testing, end2end testing
- Experience with UX Design.
- Experience with Scrum & Agile
- Experience with DevOps
- Knowledge and experience with regard to architectural models, Togaf, Archimate;
- Knowledge and experience with the latest tooling / technology for implementing Digital Experience Platform capabilities (CMS, DAM, CIAM, Analytics, etc)
- Excellent communication skills (English) and able to work in an international team;
- Hands on mentality
- Self- motivated, taking initiative and sharing innovative ideas.
Within Damen and especially in this department and role you have a lot of responsibility and freedom to come up and implement your own ideas.