The IT&IM department is the professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services as well as the driver for the digital transformation of the Damen company. The IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 people and provides 24-7 service to 38 business units and 6000 users.
The ‘Solution Architect Integration’ is member of the central IT&IM department of the Damen Group. ‘Integration’ is at the heart of our company. Via integration we connect our IT systems, our business, our people. Via integration we unlock and connect data from various IT systems throughout the Damen company (e.g. data warehouse, ERP, PLM and several SAAS solutions). The Solution Architect Integration will ensure that integrations are developed in the right direction and in the right way.
The Solution Architect Integration is responsible for the integration roadmap, the integration platform and its associated solutions. The architect is also responsible for the translation of business requirements into technical integration (solution) requirements. The architect will challenge and help improve business requirements based on new technological integration possibilities and developments. The solution architect integration translates the requirements into (high level and end-to-end) integration designs.
Thereafter, the integration architect guides the integration developers in realizing the design. Depending on the requirements, risks and challenges, the work is performed and governed in Waterfall, Agile or DevOps style. As Solution Architect Integration you will report to the (Resource) Manager of the IT department and to the project managers of the projects you are involved in.
- Develop and maintain the Integration vision, roadmap and solution architecture, in close collaboration with key business and IT stakeholders;
- Translate high level business requirements into integration requirements in collaboration;
- Embed the integration platform in the overall business/IT landscape in close collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture;
- Drive and enforce the realization of the Integration roadmap and solution architecture across the business/IT organization;
- Improve our Integration platform by leveraging existing technology, building new technology, or evaluate and integrate 3rd party solutions;
- Supervise and coach the Integration developers in the projects in which integration solutions are being (re)build, to ensure that development of these solutions are in line with the roadmap and architecture;
- Collaborate with the representatives from the IT RUN / operations team to enable/ ensure proper maintenance of the integrations;
- Proactively identify, evaluate, promote and explain new integration technologies and developments;
- Maintain and share subject matter expertise/knowledge of the solution domain architecture and related functionality;
- Drive the Integration community, consisting of representatives from Business, Business Architects,
- Enterprise Architects and from IT RUN / operations teams.
Skills & experience
- Master education / thinking level;
- 3+ years of relevant experience as Solution Architect;
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as Developer;
- Experience and knowledge of development frameworks
- C# .
- NET (CORE)
- Experience and knowledge of application integration
- Azure API Management
- Oauth 2.0
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- OpenAPI Specification (OAS) 3.x – 2.x
- Postman & Newman
- REST API
- Experience and knowledge of testing practices and tools
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure to run the integration
- Azure PaaS (Web Apps, Durable Functions, Logic Apps)
- Application Insights
- Effective communicator capable of communicating complex insights in a simple way to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Experienced in working in / with a Microservices Architecture (physical and virtual), frameworks like C# and .NET (CORE), API wrappers (for tiering), CICD and Azure DevOps;
- Confident in refactoring legacy code and existing APIs;
- Experienced in and comfortable working with new / modern integration frameworks;
- While you are able to work autonomously you are also a real team player, proactively aligning your work with your colleagues and stakeholders;
- Knowledge and experience with regard to architectural models, Togaf, Archimate;
- Excellent communication skills (English) and able to work in an international team;
- Hands-on mentality, Self- motivated, taking initiative and sharing innovative ideas
We are looking for employees with the ability to solve problems, who are self-motivated, proactive and eager to develop themselves towards experts, that cannot only help Damen with today’s challenges, but also those of the future.
Within Damen and especially in this department and role you have a lot of responsibility and freedom to come up and implement your own ideas.