Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in Schiedam or Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Specialist Shock & Noise you will during the engineering phase be involved in the design aspects related to shock (from mines and torpedoes), underwater noise, sonar self-noise and inboard noise. Generally, the ship structure and the mounting of system components shall be designed by you with respect to these joint requirements. Mounting design will involve own-frequencies, displacements and accelerations of components and skids, including selections of flexible mountings. During the proposal phase you will define, and negotiate relevant requirements, standards, and norms. Besides design calculations, you will have frequent contact with the structural engineers, customers, regulatory bodies. In the production phase you will be involved with full-scale testing and validations on board.
As Specialist Shock & Noise you will also initiate and support R&D project in this field. These activities can include verification's and validations, software development, product development and process development.
Skills & experience
As Specialist Shock & Noise you need to have:
- Bachelor or master in Naval Architecture, Mechanical engineering or Aerospace engineering.
- Knowledge of and experience with underwater shock, inboard- and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experience with design of flexible mountings and inboard noise calculations.
- Experience with relevant software tools (6-DOF, FEMAP, ANSYS).
- Experience with relevant international standards (STANAG, IMO, Class).
- Characteristics: analytical, pragmatic, creative , persuasive and enthusiastic.
- Good command of English (writing and verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Specialist Shock & Noise and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.