Damen Engineering Gdansk is competence center for engineering to order, one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 150 passionate and enthusiastic employees Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solution.
Having ambitious and open minded engineers led us to create R&D Team. It helps us not to stay still but to look forwards and seek innovative technologies to improve our products, exchange knowledge and work collaboratively within European environment.
To meet our business growth we are seeking new colleagues to strengthen our Stability team. The Stability team’s main responsibility is to develop new designs, and provide the required engineering support within the classical Naval Architecture areas of expertise.
• Supporting and advising the Stability team during on-going projects.
• Verifying and conducting Stability and other hydrostatic calculations for new projects and feasibility studies.
• Verifying and conducting lightship weight calculations for new projects and conversions.
• Supporting preparation of full stability documentations for ongoing projects and conversions.
• Participation at inclining tests.
• Contact with Class, Authorities, Shipyards, Vendors and Owners.
• Actively participating in developing new ship designs in cooperation with other naval architects.
• Further developing existing and building new capabilities and expertise of using NAPA in Damen Engineering Gdańsk.
• Support in terms of possible improvement areas as well as risk management related to the field of Stability.
• Acting as a mentor in the field of Stability for members of the Stability team as well as project teams.
Skills & experience
• MSc of Naval Architecture,
• 10+ years’ experience with Stability,
• Design office/Shipyard/Classification experience within the field of calculations and naval architecture,
• Very good knowledge of NAPA and AUTOCAD programs,
• Good command of English in speaking and writing,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills,
• Ability to transfer knowledge and act as a mentor in the area of Stability,
• Ability to work both as a team player and individually,
• Organizational skills.
What we offer
• Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
• Friendly and open team of colleagues.
• Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
• Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).
• Benefits including: life insurance and private medical care package.
• Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.