Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 160 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes
and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
To meet our business growth we are seeking new colleagues to strengthen our Stability team. The Stability team’s main responsibility is to develop new designs, and provide the required engineering support within the classical Naval Architecture areas of expertise.
- Stability and other hydrostatic calculations for new projects and feasibility studies.
- Lightship weight calculations for new projects and conversions.
- Full stability documentations for ongoing projects and conversions.
- Participation at inclining tests.
- Contact with Class, Authorities, Shipyards, Vendors and Owners.
- Actively participate in developing new ship designs in cooperation with other naval architects.
Skills & experience
- MSc of Naval Architecture.
- 7+ years’ experience with stability.
- Design office/Shipyard/Classification experience within the field of calculations and naval architecture.
- Very good stability calculation skills in NAPA.
- Good AUTOCAD knowledge.
- Good command of English in speaking and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both as a team player and individually.
- Organizational skills.
What we offer
- Employment agreement.
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk.
- Benefits including: life insurance, private medical care package and sports’ cards.
- Holiday leave bonus.
- Ability to work 2 days a week from home.
- Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.