Damen Engineering Gdansk is competence center for engineering to order, one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Having ambitious and open minded engineers led us to create R&D Team. It helps us not to stay still but to look forwards and seek innovative technologies to improve our products, exchange knowledge and work collaboratively within European environment.
We are looking for a Structure Engineer with relevant experience related to Class drawings and structural calculations.
- Preparation of Structural Class drawings, i.e. Construction Plans, Midship Section, Class foundations, Shell expansions, etc.
- Preparation of arrangements and plans.
- Coordination between Class society, Owner, Shipyard, etc.
- Coordination between internal ship design disciplines.
- Responsibility for the quality of the prepared engineering work.
- Preparing weight estimations and keeping track of weight reports.
Skills & experience
- Structural Engineer MSc, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Structural engineering.
- Good knowledge of hull structure.
- Good knowledge of shipbuilding technology.
- Experience with Class Rules and Regulations related to structure.
- Basic knowledge of strength calculations (also hand calculations).
- Autocad software knowledge is a must.
- Preferable knowledge of Cadmatic Hull and Napa Steel.
- Rhinoceros knowledge would be an asset.
- Good command of English.
What we offer
- Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Employment Agreement).
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).