Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 145 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector.
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
We have delivered more than 420 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. We have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
The Tactical Purchaser leads a category management team and is responsible for purchasing products and materials and outsourcing activities within the categories E&A and combat, according to the project plan.
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities;
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables;
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis (Int.) national suppliers & sub-contractors;
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up/maintain/ensure a suitable supply base;
- Drive improvement processes with suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation;
- Leading a category team, define category strategies, implement and execute strategy;
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations;
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures;
- Purchase products and materials and outsource activities (specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract mgmt., aftercare) according to applicable procedures and project boundaries;
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them;
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills & experience
- A Bachelor degree preferably in a technical direction such as Mechanical Engineering;
- Nevi-1 and Nevi-2 or the willingness to attend these courses;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical environment preferably with the categories E&A and/ or combat;
- Substantive knowledge of / experience with purchasing;
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well structured, and hands-on mentality;
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal);
- Ability to travel long distances and work abroad temporary.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Due to summer holidays, the application procedure may take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and will get back to you after the holidays.