Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding boasts a state of the art Engineering organisation, which is responsible for basic and detailed engineering of ships consigned to DSNS for production at the Vlissingen yard and to an increasing extent for production abroad.
The Naval & Structural group is part of the Engineering department. The employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field.
Responsible for the Outfitting part of engineering within a project, where outfitting includes the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms. Can be involved from the pre-Basic Engineering phase in the project to setup a solid work break down and planning structure for all tasks that belong to the Outfitting discipline During the basic engineering of the project, leads a team of several (senior) Outfitting Engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. During the detailed engineering of the project leads a multi-disciplinary team, or controls the outsourced detailed engineering package. Will be ultimately responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering. Coordinates these team activities with regard to quality, planning, and man-hours.
- Leads an Outfitting engineering team during the basic engineering of shipbuilding projects. i.e. plans and arrangements, or
- Leads a multi-disciplinary team during the detailed engineering, I.e. fabrication/mounting information, or
- Controls the detailed engineering of a outsourced detailed engineering package.
- Advices on the composition of the Work Break Down structures and assignment of man-hour budgets.
- Delivers quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Contributes to the engineering process by developing and reviewing the required deliverables, such as functional descriptions, technical specifications , Regulatory Bodies drawings, arrangements , fabrication/mounting drawings and lists.
- Takes care (execute or supervise) of the engineering team activities within the 2D en 3D environments, such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Integrates vendors and subcontractors info.
- Supports design checks and design reviews.
- Verifies technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performs technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Monitors and controls man-hours spent and supports progress reports to the Project Manager Engineering.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contributes to the further development of the N&S Engineering department;
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills & experience
- Professional education on technical Bachelor level: related to the Outfitting
- For relevant discipline training: see training matrix.
- For mandatory safety training: see training matrix.
- Minimum of five (5) year experience in the engineering of Outfitting systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of Outfitting systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic 3D or Catia.
- Able to structure work packages of the team.
- Realize the work according to the planning and man-hour budgets.
- Experienced to lead a mid-size (Engineering) team up to 10 people.
- Experienced with Class- and Statutory rules and regulations.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
- Good command of the English language (written and verbal).
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.