The Standards & Documentation department, of which the team you belong to is a part of, focuses on the provision, maintenance and management of data and documentation for various processes. The Technical Documentation & Repro team takes care of the (ships) instruction manuals and certificates per yard number. All repro activities for Damen Gorinchem are also part of this team, such as printing construction drawings and sales support material.
The core task is to collect the technical documentation needed for the use and maintenance of the ships built by Damen. All documentation is delivered to the customer in hardcopy and digital form. The documentation is also digitally stored in the Document Management System of IFS. Part of the delivery is the package of sub-certificates, which are intended to certify the entire ship.
The other teams in the department make the standardization information available in the form of handbooks, drawings, standards and standardization tools. In addition, the Part Catalog (database with all parts used worldwide) is managed and maintained, and the non-asbestos declarations and Green Passports are drawn up.
This role is all about the provision of technical documentation and certificates of Damen ships, in order to contribute to the efficient provision of information to the vessel owner. You will create technical documentation packages for the Damen ships to be delivered. These packages are hardcopy and digitally delivered to the customer.
As a Technical Documentalist, your main responsibilities are:
- The compilation of technical documentation packages, including determination of the required documents (also based on customer specific requirements - contracts, specifications, etc.);
- Arranging technical manuals at suppliers and keeping an eye on the delivery time of these, putting together drawing packages together with the project managers Engineering, and supplying the technical manuals to the relevant Project Manager;
- Composing certificate packages, determining the high level of the content (also based on customer-specific demands, such as contracts, specifications, etc.), composing certificates in accordance with the rules of inspection agencies/institutions;
- Managing the technical database of IFS with technical documentation and keeping it up-to-date. Issuing drawings of delivered vessels to various departments, such as Services.
Skills & experience
As a Technical Documentalist, you have the following skills:
- Completed technically oriented MBO 4 course;
- Good understanding of the English languages, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of various systems such as ERP (IFS) and Excel;
- Accurate, effective communication and initiative;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a maritime environment (shipbuilding) is an important aspect;
- Knowledge of ship components and shipbuilding techniques.
In addition, you are critical and you work extremely accurately and fit perfectly in an organization where your focus is on the customer and his wishes. You are able to work independently and will proactively look for the necessary information.
What we offer
We offer you a job in which you will find a good combination of theory and practice, within a very pleasant working atmosphere.