Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Technical Specialist Outfitting you will be responsible for the development, advice and engineering implementation of one or more dedicated specialist subjects in the R&D, design and engineering of complex ships. Specialist subjects require basic knowledge and can contribute to further development and promotion of this subjects.
As Technical Specialist Outfitting you will be part of a small team of specialists for R&D projects, proposal activities and engineering activities. These activities can include verification of performances during FAT, HAT and SAT’s. As these activities for the various projects run in parallel, these shall be organized and prioritized within the team.
You be initially responsible for the desired quality, timely delivery and reporting to the Project Manager Engineering or Proposal Manager.
As Technical Specialist Outfitting your responsibilities are:
- Attributing as a specialist to R&D, Design and Basic Engineering.
- Supporting the verification and validation tests and trials during the production support phase.
- Actively supports developments in field of expertise and promotes findings in future prospects.
- Delivering quality engineering work on a timely basis to the Project Manager Engineering or Proposal Managers.
- Contributing to the R&D, design and engineering process by developing and reviewing the required deliverables, such as functional descriptions, calculations, simulations, technical specifications, and test/validation protocols.
- Supporting design checks and design reviews and monitoring man-hours spent.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Ensuring all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Skills & experience
As Technical Specialist Outfitting your need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree related to the field of expertise.
- Broad theoretical knowledge as applicable for ships or offshore installations.
- Experienced in cooperating with research institutes and universities.
- Experience in realizing the work according to the planning and man-hour budgets.
- Ability to generate good and consistent technical reports.
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad occasionally.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Specialist Outfitting and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.