The Workboats Division represents one of the four ship-newbuild domains of Damen Shipyards, alongside Mid-Sized Vessels, Yachting and Naval. Workboats focuses on selling, designing, engineering, building and commissioning of Workboats, such as High Speed Crafts, Dredgers & Tugs.
The Technology management department of the division Workboats has a focus on development and standardization of technology. The department consist of a small team, responsible for programs like Sustainable propulsion, IT on board and Core Technologies, such as Systems, Shipbuilding and E&A. Programs can consist of one or more Technology Clusters, in which development and/or standardization takes place.
As a Technology Specialist Automation you will work on the next digital innovation of the Damen ship operating system that controls core technologies in Damen-built Workboats. You will design standardized software systems and controls given a set of requirements, ready for the digital age, for Workboats. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams and in close cooperation with the Program Manager IT on board.
- Create functional and technical designs, detailing how to get the best out of the IT on board, In a standardized structured design process;
- Translate design into the control & automation requirements, and ensure data on board converts into value;
- Development and standardisation of modular software building blocks, fully integrated with the physical domain of the system platforms;
- Implementation of the developed technology on board;
- Ensure maintainable systems with a fit in the operational management processes.
Skills & experience
You are hands-on and have a broad technologically interest and capable to get the essence of functions and technical possibilities of the embedded platforms to translate it to concrete opportunities.
Next to that, you have:
- Experience in designing (embedded) software;
- Knowledge of the workings of embedded software systems;
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, like Scrum or XP;
- Knowledge of Linux, scripting and IP-networking (pre).
What we offer
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.