The Technology Management department of the division Workboats has a focus on the development and standardization of technology. In this case we are looking for a Technical Specialist Electrification. The department consists of a team, responsible for programs like Sustainable propulsion, IT onboard and Core Technologies.
Are you the Technical Specialist bringing Damen Workboats on the front row of Electrical propulsion systems? Are you capable of managing and coaching a small team working on these projects? Then we are looking for you! Please let us know!
As a Technology Specialist Electrification, you are responsible for the development of the technology required for the electrification of the workboat portfolio. Besides your own operational tasks as a product owner, you will be guiding and coaching a multi-disciplinary team of 3-6 colleagues working on the projects.
In this role you will be working closely with the Program Manager sustainable propulsion to develop the standard system technology and other Technology Specialists Electrification.
As a Technology Specialist Electrification you:
- Develop a standard range of (electrical) power modules, scalable for the workboat portfolio;
- Create a category strategy considering the market, technology, partner landscape and the future Damen Business model;
- Are responsible for categorization of technology for battery/energy storage;
- Are setting-up energy storage requirement calculations considering the sailing/operational profile for the workboat portfolio;
- Are setting-up design principles for electrical propulsion systems;
- Make cost calculations of standard power modules;
- Coordinate engineering of E-propulsion modules and software development of E-propulsion modules;
- Perform HAZID studies and arrange class approval;
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary project teams, working closely with R&D, Product groups, etc.;
- Set-up knowledge management regarding E-propulsion within workboats;
- Advise product groups during the electrification of the product portfolio.
Skills & experience
We ask our future Technology Specialist Electrification to come prepared with the following:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical or Shipbuilding Engineering or equivalent;
- Several years of relevant work experience, preferable in the shipbuilding or services industry;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a pre;
- Experience integrating marine installations with third parties;
- Experience with the regulations and inspection processes of classification agencies;
- Experience in reading electrical engineering drawings is an advantage;
- Recent experience with AutoCAD, PDM and ERP systems.
- Result-oriented, a Technology Specialist with initiative;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Engineer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Able to translate product requirements into system requirements, concept design and basic engineering;
- Capable of capturing knowledge in drawings, functional specifications, etc.;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and you like to work methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Technology Specialist Electrification, so we offer: The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- A work from home policy.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.